Cyradm doesn't show any mailboxes

Kővári János bsh at freemail.hu
Tue Jan 26 09:38:36 EST 2010

> Kővári,
>
> Kővári János schrieb:
>
>> Ok, I found the following, if that helps to find the problem:
>> If I use cyradm and log in with any user, the "lm" command lists the
>> user's own mailbox only.
> That is to be expected.
Yeah, I guess...

>> When logging in with the cyrus user, it doesn't list anything, since
>> cyrus has no mailbox.
> The admin user must not have a mailbox itself, so this is right to.
Yeah.
> But the admin user's "lm" should show all the mailboxes existing.
That's exactly the problem. It should, but it doesn't.
> With the cyrus user, I can list all user mailboxes, but not shared
> folders, with the command: "lm user/*"
> Shared mailboxes normally are not suited under the user tree (you are
> using the "/" separator, are you using unixhierarchysep?), so it is to
> be expected that there are no shared mailboxes visible with "lm user.*"
Yes, I use "unixhierarchysep: 1"
And yes, not with "lm user*", but a plain "lm" with an imap admin user
should list "everything", including user and shared folders. It works
like that on my another imap server, which i guess is working correctly.
(This one in question was working like that earlier. No idea what's gone
wrong now.)

> Can you dump mailboxes.db to a file and look for the mailboxes you are
> searching for?
Yes, I can, but i can only post a few lines of it, sanitized:

here we go:
K&APY-z&APY-s levelez&AOk-s    0 sharedstuff    cyrus    lrswipcda
user1    lrswipcda    user2    lrswipcda    user3    lrswipcda    user4
   lrswipcda
K&APY-z&APY-s levelez&AOk-s.Be&AOk-rkezett    0 sharedstuff    cyrus
lrswipcda    user1    lrswipcda    user2    lrswipcda    user3
lrswipcda    user4    lrswipcda
K&APY-z&APY-s levelez&AOk-s.Be&AOk-rkezett.264-12-3456 BlahBlah BlahBlah
Foldername    0 sharedstuff    cyrus    lrswipcda    user1
lrswipcda    user2    lrswipcda    user3    lrswipcda    user4
lrswipcda

That'd be a shared folder with nice characters with accents (it should
read as "Közös levelezés", ie. "Common mail" or something), which is on
a partiion called sharedstuff, with cyrus and all other users having
full rights. Then it has a subfolder called "Beérkezett" (Inbox). Then
this one also has another subfolder, and so on. I have a couple
subfolders like that. There's also a subfolder for "sent", it also has a
lot of subfolders. I don't post the whole.
What I see here is: the folders are separated by a dot, not with the
"/". Is this normal?

the user's mailboxes in the dump show:
user.user1    0 default    user1    lrswipcda    cyrus    lrswipcda
user.user1.Trash    0 default    user1    lrswipcda    cyrus
lrswipcda
user.user2    0 default    user2    lrswipcda    cyrus    lrswipcda
user.user2.Trash    0 default    user2    lrswipcda    cyrus
lrswipcda
user.user3    0 default    user3    lrswipcda    cyrus    lrswipcda
user.user3.Drafts    0 default    user3    lrswipcda    cyrus
lrswipcda
user.user3.Sent    0 default    user3    lrswipcda    cyrus    lrswipcda
user.user3.Trash    0 default    user3    lrswipcda    cyrus
lrswipcda
user.user4    0 default    user4    lrswipcda    cyrus    lrswipcda
user.user4.Trash    0 default    user4    lrswipcda    cyrus
lrswipcda

Again, separated by dots. But it is working...

> su - cyrus -c "ctl_mboxlist -d" > $CONFIGDIRECTORY/mailboxlist.txt
> -> http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/twiki/bin/view/Cyrus/Backup
>
> Did you post your config files here before?
Here it is:
###BEGIN
admins: cyrus user1
allowplaintext: yes
altnamespace: 1
autocreatequota: 10240
autocreatequota_units: 1048576
autosubscribe_all_sharedfolders: yes
configdirectory: /var/lib/cyrus
defaultpartition: default
foolstupidclients: 1
hashimapspool: 1
idlemethod: poll
idlesocket: /var/run/cyrus/socket/idle
imap_admins: cyrus user1
lmtp_downcase_rcpt: yes
lmtpsocket: /var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp
munge8bit: 0
newsspool: /var/spool/news
notifysocket: /var/run/cyrus/socket/notify
partition-default: /var/spool/cyrus/mail
partition-sharedstuff: /media/data/cyrus/mail
popminpoll: 1
reject8bit: 0
sasl_auto_transition: no
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN CRAM-MD DIGEST-MD5
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_saslauthd_path: /var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd/mux
sharedprefix: shared
sievedir: /var/spool/sieve
sieveusehomedir: false
syslog_prefix: cyrus
tls_ca_file: /etc/ssl/certs/xxxxxx_imap.pem
tls_ca_path: /etc/ssl/certs
tls_cert_file: /etc/ssl/certs/xxxxxx_imap.pem
tls_cipher_list: TLSv1+HIGH:SSLv3:SSLv2:!NULL:!EXPORT: @STRENGTH
tls_key_file: /etc/ssl/certs/xxxxxx_imap.pem
tls_session_timeout: 1440
umask: 077
unixhierarchysep: 1
userprefix: user