Building cyrus sasl on solaris 10

David Mayo D.J.Mayo at bath.ac.uk
Wed Jan 6 05:36:41 EST 2010

Egoitz,

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea wrote:

> I'm trying to build a mail machine box with Postfix (cyrus saslauthd
> authentication), cyrus sasl (with saslauthd) and cyrus-imap. The main
> problem I'm finding for the moment is that when building cyrus sasl
> plugins... only static libraries are created for auth mechs

We had to do some fiddling to get Cyrus SASL working under Solaris 10.
It involved hacking some of the source files after running configure!

   ./configure \
         --enable-shared \
         --disable-static \
         --disable-java \
         --disable-krb4 \
         --with-gss_impl=mit \
         --with-rc4 \
         --with-dblib=berkeley \
         --with-saslauthd=/var/sasl2 --without-pwcheck \
         --with-devrandom=/dev/urandom \
         --enable-anon \
         --enable-cram \
         --enable-digest \
         --enable-ntlm \
         --enable-plain \
         --enable-login \
         --without-ldap \
         --disable-otp \
         --disable-ldapdb \
         --disable-sql --without-mysql --without-pgsql --without-sqlite \
         --enable-gssapi=$KERBEROSDIR \
         --with-openssl=$OPENSSLDIR

     # don't use /usr/include/crypt.h
     cp saslauthd/saslauthd.h saslauthd/saslauthd.h.orig
     sed -e 's:^.*HAVE_CRYPT_H.*$:/* & */:' saslauthd/saslauthd.h.orig
 >saslauthd/saslauthd.h
     [ $? -eq 0 ] || exit 1

     # fiddle to get correct dynamic linking for plugins..
     # haven't found a nice way to propogate the following through
     # the likes of LD or LDFLAGS..so hardwiring..
     cp libtool libtool.orig
     sed -e "s:^\(LD *=.*\)\":\1 $LDFLAGS\":" libtool.orig >libtool
     [ $? -eq 0 ] || exit 1

     make
     make install

Hope this is of some help.

Regards,

Dave.

David Mayo
Networks/Systems Administrator
University of Bath Computing Services, UK