Building cyrus sasl on solaris 10

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea egoitz at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 17:49:00 EST 2010

Hi David,

thanks a lot for you're answer.... finally I used cyrus sasl package from
sunfreeware... and just compiled cyrus imapd and postfix.... but... I'm
seeing performance issues... I think perhaps solaris, unless solaris 10 it's
not the best OS for running a mail machine with postfix and cyrus....
sometimes lmtp is like it was starting to accept mail very slowly forcing to
reset master daemons of postfix and cyrus... I'm pretty sure... it's not any
indexing done by cyrus imap or so.... when 2 or 3 thousand mails are
received.... although those 2 or 3 thousand mails will be delivered to 2 or
3 mail accounts (I'm benchmarking the platform)...

Another thing configure of cyrus imap sais is that it can't use mmap()....
and have read over there that this cause performance issues... have read in
some cyrus list too.... that zfs working mode because of fsync and so...

http://www.irbs.net/internet/info-cyrus/0610/0058.html

So now.... from cyrus list.... and any developer or so.... confirm this
ideas??...

Thanks a lot !!!!

Bye!!