Cyrus IMAPd 2.4.0 Released

Simon Matter simon.matter at invoca.ch
Fri Dec 31 03:37:31 EST 2010

> Simon,
>
>> Of course I'll update our RHEL/CentOS RPMs but it may take a bit more
>> time
>> than the usual hours or days because of the many changes in the new
>> release. Some of the stuff which has been done in the RPM automagically
>> -
>> like converting databases on startup - has now been integrated in the
>> main
>> code and I have to look at things in detail.
>
> I was just looking if there were any 2.4.x RPM around, but see you are
> still in the 2.3.x tree.
>
> Any idea if / or when you will be building RPM's for the 2.4.x release?
>
> Call me lazy, but I have been using your RPM's for years and am just
> wondering if I need to be more patient, or start using the .tar.gz's ...

I've been working on the 2.4.x RPM's recently but they have not been
tested. I want to make sure that upgrades will work as smooth as they have
always been and this requires quite a lot of tests with different
scenarios. Unfortunately my time is a bit limited at the moment but I will
work on it again.

The other big question is how to handle the missing autocreate feature. I
have hoped that this will be integrated into 2.4.x but as it seems now it
will not be there and I don't really know what to do about it. All those
running our RPM's and using autocreate will not be happy at all if they
learn it was going away.

I'm very interested in feedback from users and cyrus developers about this
issue.

Regards,
Simon