imtest issue

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Thu Aug 19 00:17:21 EDT 2010

On 18/08/10 15:37 -0500, Mike Eggleston wrote:
>Andy,
>
>How can I tell? I have 'proxyservers: yes' set in /etc/imapd.conf (and
>restarted cyrus), I use sasl-authd to talk to my openldap back end. How
>do I tell if this is proxy or not? Reading the logs I see lines that
>read 'Aug 18 15:20:24 $HOST imap[6567]: login: localhost [127.0.0.1]
>cyrus plaintext User logged in' when I log in using 'imtest -u $USER -a
>cyrus localhost'. I think I'm using PLAIN.

The choice of mechanism is made by the client (your imtest application).
You should explicitly specify a mechanism that supports proxy
authentication with the '-m' option (see pluginviewer/saslpluginviewer).

You're probably logging in via the non-sasl login-user-pass method rather
than PLAIN.

--
Dan White