Cyrus vacation notice

Andrew Nash nashcom at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 20 10:56:00 EDT 2010

Thanks again for your help.  I may have looked at this in a different way to what you suggested, but I sent a couple of test messages from outside through our ISP’s mail gateway.  I checked on their server using a webmail interface, and couldn’t see anything untoward in the message headers.  We have a multi-drop POP3 mailbox on the ISP, and our server uses a program called Fetchmail to download all the messages, handing each downloaded message to a program called Trestlemail which examines the header before dropping it off to the correct recipient.  As I said, I sent a couple of messages through, one when the intended recipient had an Out Of Office message set, and one when the Out Of Office message was off.  I then looked at the complete messages in the Cyrus store, and noticed that both messages had two lines which read:

I’m not sure if I’m barking up the wrong tree, but I then looked at the Postfix master.cf file, and saw the following lines:

cyrus   unix      -     n     n     -     -     pipe
  flags=R user=cyrus argv=/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver -e -f $sender -m ${extension} ${user}

I read somewhere that the second line might need a ‘-r ${sender}’ parameter added.  Am I onto something here?