Cyrus vacation notice

Marc Patermann hans.moser at ofd-z.niedersachsen.de
Mon Apr 19 08:37:04 EDT 2010

Joseph,

Andrew Nash schrieb:

> Thanks very much for your reply.  From my testing, I think all
> vacation messages to external senders are failing.
You did not provide the previously ask for log files.
What do the postfix and imapd log file say on a failing attempt?

> I had a look through various configuration files, and saw that the
> MTA (postfix) was sending errors to a postmaster address.
What errors?

> I couldn’t find any trace of a postmaster mailbox, so I changed the
> error logging address to ‘root’.
If postfix may not have been able to deliver to the postmaster mailbox
there must be information in the log file about this.

If error message go to an non existing mailbox this is an configuration
problem. Fix this!

> The outgoing vacation notices ended up in the root user’s mailbox, so
> it looks like there is something wrong with the way Cyrus/Sieve is
> replying to the sender.  I’ve copied out an example message which is
> ending up in the root mailbox (I’ve changed server and domain name
> etc):
Again: Please provide log files!

Marc