Exec'ing a script from Cyrus when imapd has a client

Greg A. Woods woods-cyrus at weird.com
Mon Oct 26 12:36:21 EDT 2009

At Fri, 23 Oct 2009 13:37:30 -0700 (PDT), David Lang <david.lang at digitalinsight.com> wrote:
Subject: Re: Exec'ing a script from Cyrus when imapd has a client

> I possibly missed it, but I didn't see anything that said that fetchmail was
> grabbing things via IMAP.

Yup, I think you missed it.

> if you have intermittent/expensive-per-min internet connectivity doing something
> like this has value.

Nope, not really.   All modern useful IMAP clients can work offline too.

All another IMAP server is doing is adding to the complexity _and_
decreasing, i.e. lowering, the robustness of the overall solution.

> another reason to run your own server is just to be free from quotas. many ISPs
> have small mail quotas.

All modern useful IMAP clients can also store message locally -- moving
them from server to server, or server to local (or back), is as simple
as selecting and saving/dragging messages between folders.

--
						Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098                VE3TCP          RoboHack <woods at robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>      Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>