Folder rights problem

Marc Patermann hans.moser at ofd-sth.niedersachsen.de
Fri Oct 2 08:56:01 EDT 2009

Hi,

listacc at gmx.de schrieb:

> one of our employees complies that in his thunderbird changed two
> normal folders to greyed-out folders, e.g. it´s not possible to put
> messages inside.
>
> If I access this account with my own thunderbird, I see the same. But
> we have no acl´s set set for this account, and my cyradm says for
> this folder:
>
> cyrus lrswipcda
So your employee has no rights on this folder? But on underlaying
folders he has? Otherwise the folder may not be grey/shown.

I have seen cases where users with enough rights moved shared folders
into their own account, which made their INBOX show up in other users
folder list (grey) because the shared folder was now beyond this INBOX. :)

> Probably there is something wrong with one of cyrus´ databases? But
> with which one, and how to fix it?  And we have no error messages in
> our logfiles.
Maybe it's PEBKAC. :)

Marc