[RESOLVED:] Folder rights problem

listacc at gmx.de listacc at gmx.de
Fri Oct 2 10:56:47 EDT 2009

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 14:56:01 +0200
> Von: Marc Patermann <hans.moser at ofd-sth.niedersachsen.de>
> An: listacc at gmx.de
> CC: info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
> Betreff: Re: Folder rights problem

> Hi,
>
> listacc at gmx.de schrieb:
>
> > one of our employees complies that in his thunderbird changed two
> > normal folders to greyed-out folders, e.g. it´s not possible to put
> > messages inside.
> >
> > If I access this account with my own thunderbird, I see the same. But
> > we have no acl´s set set for this account, and my cyradm says for
> > this folder:
> >
> > cyrus lrswipcda
> So your employee has no rights on this folder? But on underlaying
> folders he has? Otherwise the folder may not be grey/shown.
>
> I have seen cases where users with enough rights moved shared folders
> into their own account, which made their INBOX show up in other users
> folder list (grey) because the shared folder was now beyond this INBOX. :)
>
> > Probably there is something wrong with one of cyrus´ databases? But
> > with which one, and how to fix it?  And we have no error messages in
> > our logfiles.
> Maybe it's PEBKAC. :)
>

> Marc

Hi Marc,

thanks a lot for the superquick response! And the best is: you hit it :-)

It really was PEBKAC,  I wondered of acl´s set in mailboxes.db for this special user but I didn´t gave it the right sense.
I think it was a problem caused by us admins when giving new acl´s: seemed we interchanged the mailboxes :-/

Again, thanks a lot for my now very relaxed weekend :-)

  Andreas