rolling replication - sieve scripts

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 5 19:12:11 EST 2009

On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 10:56:19AM +1100, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> > Is this problem solved in next version cyrus-imapd-2.3.14?
>
> There is no 2.3.14 (yet!)
>
> How are you creating your sieve scripts?  Replication works if you create a named sieve
> script and have "default" as a symlink pointing to it.  It _DOESN'T_ work if you actually
> upload or insert a file called "default".  We found that out the hard way back when we
> started using replication.

Actually, specifically it's defaultbc that you care about.  Here's
what mine looks like:

[brong at imap3 brong]$ ls -la
total 19
drwx------   2 cyrus mail  144 Jan 28 01:25 .
drwx------ 122 cyrus mail 3408 Feb 12 02:46 ..
lrwxrwxrwx   1 cyrus mail   11 Dec 28  2007 defaultbc -> websieve.bc
-rw-------   1 cyrus mail 6304 Jan 28 01:25 websieve.bc
-rw-------   1 cyrus mail 4901 Jan 28 01:25 websieve.script

Also - if you aren't using timsieved to update your sieve scripts,
you'll need something else to insert the sync log records.  Try
cyr_synclog.  I'm pretty sure that's in 2.3.13.

/usr/cyrus/bin/cyr_synclog -v $USER

done :)

Bron.