rolling replication - sieve scripts

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 5 18:56:19 EST 2009

On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 13:15 +0100, "Gabriele Schaarschmidt" <schaarschmidt at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we're testing Cyrus replication between 32- and 64-bit Systems,
> it works fine with cyrus-imapd-2.3.13.
>
> But "rolling" replication
> /usr/cyrus/bin/sync_client -r
> doesn't sync sieve scripts.
>
> So I have to do "sync_client -u -f <all_users>" in an extra
> cronjob?
>
> Is this problem solved in next version cyrus-imapd-2.3.14?

There is no 2.3.14 (yet!)

How are you creating your sieve scripts?  Replication works if you create a named sieve
script and have "default" as a symlink pointing to it.  It _DOESN'T_ work if you actually
upload or insert a file called "default".  We found that out the hard way back when we
started using replication.

Bron.
--
  Bron Gondwana