murder and autocreate (I know it is not supported)

Dave McMurtrie dave64 at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jun 10 07:38:31 EDT 2009

Paolo Cravero wrote:

> In words, the backend not owning the mailbox tries to create it, but receives
> a deny from the murder server. Then it opens the target mailbox (onBE1/778899)
> and creates the .seen structure.
>
> So far this means a messy maillog file. I will use autocreate just to populate
> my backends from the backend itself (with some imtest iteration, or whatever)
> and then switch it off.

What Ken is working on isn't specific to autocreate.  Rather, he's
working to integrate IDM into our environment.  We need a way for our
identity management system to be able to simply connect to a Cyrus
frontend and issue a create command and have something useful happen.  I
believe that Ken's work will involve a default server/partition instead
of the current partition-default that assumes either a single server
environment or a backend server is being connected to.  Also, I believe
he's setting up an annotation to determine which backend server has the
most free space available.  If I'm wrong on any of this, Ken will
correct me.

> Looking forward to a MUPDATE protocol update or cyrus official patch.

Buy Ken lots of beer.  It makes him work faster. :)

Thanks,

Dave
--
Dave McMurtrie, SPE