Replication rolling or cron?

Wesley Craig wes at umich.edu
Fri Feb 20 22:21:38 EST 2009

On 20 Feb 2009, at 12:00, Shelley Waltz wrote:
> I can get things working with a reboot, however, this is disruptive.
> Question is - should I abandon rolling and just force a replication
> via a
> cron job every 10 min?  I have low volume and only 200 accounts.
>
> Does anyone have a monitoring script or a script to run sync_client
> by cron?

Running sync_client out of cyrus.conf is a mistake.  It can be
started stand-alone, and that's the best way to do it.  If it dies,
review why it died, fix whatever problems the review reveals, and
restart just sync_client.  Rolling replication is better than simply
running sync_client from cron.

My other bit of advice is to upgrade.  2.3.7 has a lot of replication
problems.  Many, many of the changes that have happened since 2.3.7
are improvements to replication.

:wes