Replication rolling or cron?

Shelley Waltz shwaltz at cabm.rutgers.edu
Fri Feb 20 12:00:50 EST 2009

I have cyrus-imapd-2.3.7 running on RHEL5 with a single replica server.
Replication works fine for a while, then after a day or two it dies.
Cannot find a failure in the logs.

I am using the rolling replication in impad.conf with
sync_authname: replica
sync_log: 1
sync_host: replica.edu
sync_repeat_interval: 30
sync_password: xxxx
sync_shutdown_file: /var/lib/imap/NOSYNC

I can get things working with a reboot, however, this is disruptive.
Question is - should I abandon rolling and just force a replication via a
cron job every 10 min?  I have low volume and only 200 accounts.

Does anyone have a monitoring script or a script to run sync_client by cron?
thanks