What's the message's UID in the message storage of cyrus imapd.

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon Aug 17 11:12:32 EDT 2009

> For instance, if i have two subfolder in the INBOX. Is it possible
> that the same UID of message appeared in both of the two folders.
> In another word, the sequence number based on folder or mail account?

Folder,  a believe the uniqueness of the UID is to the folder scope.

I remember once seeing something about the ability to generate UUIDs
[was that Cyrus or something else?] but I don't know how to turn that
on/off.

> I wanna do some archiving operations on the filesystem level.

Ugh, I'd advise against it.  Why not do them on the 'protocol' level?
That certainly makes the archives easier to use.

OpenGroupware developer: awilliam at whitemice.org
<http://whitemiceconsulting.blogspot.com/>
OpenGroupare & Cyrus IMAPd documenation @
<http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/whitemice/wmogag/file_view>