[sendmail] lmtp, cyrusv2d, shared folders and case

Andrzej Adam Filip anfi at onet.eu
Wed Apr 1 14:47:42 EDT 2009

nodens2099 <nodens2099 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to send mail directly to a shared folder, via the plus-addressing
> syntax.
>
> My user entry redirect to +Folder/SubFolder at domain.tld .
>
> cyrusv2d mailer is called via the mailertable.
>
> The ACL are ok.
>
> It would work with a folder in lower case, but not if the folder includes upper
> case characters.
>
> I thought it was ok to have upper case after the + in the local part of the
> address ?
>
> I tried setting
> "lmtp_downcase_rcpt: 0"
> in imapd.conf, adding the u flag to the cyrusv2d mailer, but to no avail.
>
> the +part is always converted to lower case.

Post your cyrusv2d definition from sendmail.cf.
  echo '=M' | sendmail -bt | grep cyrusv2d

Does it contain F=u flag?

By default sendmail's mailers convert user part of recipient address to
lowercase. F=u flag stops it.
*BUT* it would apply to "normal recipients" *too*.

> initially I tried using the mrs_cyrus_mailertable approach but it was even
> worse, as checking +folder/subfolder at domaine.tld with smmap returns unknown
> user, even when the folder exists and has the "p" acl.

Does smmap return "unknown user" *even for lowercase folders*?

> Any clue ?
>
> I'd really like to avoid converting all existing folders to lower case of
> possible, it would be painful.

It merely a matter of choosing a simple way you like anyway :-)

BTW
Why have not you tried RTCyrus3 recipe?
[ It would require small "patching" too to meet your requirements ]

[pl>en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi at onet.eu
To err is human,
To purr feline.
  -- Robert Byrne