[sendmail] lmtp, cyrusv2d, shared folders and case

nodens2099 nodens2099 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 03:51:14 EDT 2009

Andrzej Adam Filip a écrit :
> nodens2099 <nodens2099 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I tried setting
>> "lmtp_downcase_rcpt: 0"
>> in imapd.conf, adding the u flag to the cyrusv2d mailer, but to no avail.
>>
>> the +part is always converted to lower case.
>>

> Post your cyrusv2d definition from sendmail.cf.
>   echo '=M' | sendmail -bt | grep cyrusv2d
>
> Does it contain F=u flag?

Yes, but only once I added the F=u flag to the m4 file
(MODIFY_MAILER_FLAGS(`cyrusv2d', `+u') in the sendmail.mc didn't work).

mailer 4 (cyrusv2d): P=[IPC] S=EnvFromSMTP/HdrFromL
R=EnvToSMTP/EnvToSMTP M=0 U=-1:-1 F=1DFMXlmnqsuz L=0 E=\r\n
T=DNS/RFC822/SMTP r=100 A=FILE /var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp

Thanks !

> By default sendmail's mailers convert user part of recipient address to
> lowercase. F=u flag stops it.
> *BUT* it would apply to "normal recipients" *too*.

That whas my understanding as well.
but it's ok, since lmtp_downcase_rcpt: yes takes care of the username part.

>> initially I tried using the mrs_cyrus_mailertable approach but it was even
>> worse, as checking +folder/subfolder at domaine.tld with smmap returns unknown
>> user, even when the folder exists and has the "p" acl.
>>

> Does smmap return "unknown user" *even for lowercase folders*?

Nope, you're right. the real problem is on the mrs check, then. If I
create a lowerrcase folder along the mixed cased one, the mail is
received in the correct folder (that is, the mixed case).

>> Any clue ?
>>
>> I'd really like to avoid converting all existing folders to lower case of
>> possible, it would be painful.
>>

> It merely a matter of choosing a simple way you like anyway :-)
>
> BTW
> Why have not you tried RTCyrus3 recipe?
> [ It would require small "patching" too to meet your requirements ]

Actually, I was adding a new backend in an existing murder environment,
migrating existing users and public folders from MS Exchange server.
Since rtcyrusv2 "just works" in the existing environment, I didn't even
check if there was an update. I saw about RTCyrus3 only when searching a
solution to my public folder problem.

if it can resolve the mrs_cyrus_mailertable problem, and if it's not too
difficult to upgrade rtcyrus2 with it, I'm willing to give it a try.

Regards,

--
Clément Hermann (nodens)