Mapping a username to a Mailbox via LDAP?

Daniel Dewald Daniel.Dewald at iks-computer.de
Tue Oct 14 05:04:52 EDT 2008

Hi,

I’m currently working on a project to integrate parts of a Kolab server into
an M$ Active Directory. For that I wrote a script for postfix which converts
the username into the Sid (this is done so that a user can be renamed in AD
and still has the same Cyrus mailbox). So far this is working great. Upon
receiving an email the mailbox is created (with all wanted subfolders) and
the renaming of the user has no effect on that. But here comes my problem:
As far as I understand it a user has to logon into Cyrus with the mailbox as
username. Login into Cyrus works fine (authenticated via samba and winbind)
but Cyrus creates a new mailbox (user.<username>). I want the user to login
with his AD credentials and still be routed to his correct mailbox. Is there
a mapping feature in Cyrus for mailbox names I’m not aware of? It would be
perfect if Cyrus could read the mailbox name from an ldap server (Because
the real mailbox name is getting saved by the delivery script into AD). Any
help in this matter would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Daniel Dewald

iks GmbH

Auf der Kimm 36

66709 Weiskirchen-Konfeld

Tel +49 6876 99000 33

Fax +49 6876 1501

 <mailto:christian.kolz at iks-computer.de> Daniel.Dewald at iks-computer.de

Firmenname: iks GmbH

Sitz des Unternehmens: D-66709 Weiskirchen

Registergericht: Amtsgericht D-66663 Merzig HRB 3940

Geschäftsführer: Markus Backes