Archiving Cyrus Mail (slightly OT)

Forrest Aldrich forrie at forrie.com
Wed May 14 09:42:22 EDT 2008

I've got several thousand emails from the early 90's that I have, packed
into a Cyrus Mail system, which I backup regularly.

I had thought it might be nifty to utilize one of the Email archiving
solutions out there (Zoe, DevonThink, DBMail, etc) to allow me to do
better searches, etc.  But then I thought how Cyrus is in a simple
directory format, and there must be some clever way to set up a rich
indexing service that can read the Cyrus message format and utilize the
existing store, separate from squatter.

I'd be interested in any suggestions about how others may be doing
this.   I can see where this type of service would be useful on a larger
scale, too.

Thanks.