cyrus murder on centOS cant find mechs

Rupert rupertt at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 12:37:12 EST 2008

Hi,
i transferred my murder installation to x64 machines, I had everything
running in some VM machines!
When I now start my murder, nothing seems to work.

On my mupdate serber it looks like it tries to use pam, but I just
configured it to use
the sasldb
Feb  2 17:21:40 mupdater-A1 saslauthd[25299]: do_auth         : auth
failure: [user=cyrus] [service=imap] [realm=] [mech=pam] [reason=PAM
auth error]

sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
sasl_auprop_plugin: sasldb
mech_list: PLAIN

Since i cant find any pam_mysql package in the repos I compiled it and
copied the .so to /lib/security. When I now start an autentification,
there isnt even a query executed

allowplaintext: yes
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
saslauthd_path: /var/run/saslauthd/mux

auth       sufficient   pam_mysql.so user=mail_admin passwd=****
host=127.0.0.1 db=mail crypt=1 table=users passwdcolumn=password
usercolumn=email
auth       sufficient   pam_unix_auth.

I also defined pam in the saslauthd file

frontend-A1 mupdate[6611]: couldn't authenticate to backend server: no
mechanism available
couldn't connect to mupdate server
Feb  2 17:31:52 frontend-A1 mupdate[6609]: retrying connection to
mupdate server in 27 seconds

Can someone point me what am I missing?

thank you

Rupertt