limit user access to certain IP addresses?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Mon Aug 18 07:23:17 EDT 2008

It it possible to limit POP3/IMAP access for chosen users only to
certain IP addresses?

For example, I'd like to allow some users only access from 127.0.0.1
(or, Squirrelmail running on the same address as Cyrus); those users
shouldn't have public access to POP3/IMAP from the whole Internet.

At the same time, though, I would like to allow access for some other
users via POP3/IMAP as well.

Is it somehow possible with Cyrus? If it is, it would be great if it
could be used to limit access to SMTP as well. As SMTP is different than
what Cyrus does, this would perhaps suggest some additional PAM library?

Any ideas?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org