Replication and single instance store

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Sep 4 04:15:32 EDT 2007

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Bron Gondwana wrote:

> for all the users across which the single instance store needs to
> apply, then run 'sync_client -r -f $file'.

I typically use "-u -f" to do this. However:

> Creating files like this and passing them with the -f flag forces
> sync_client to consider them in the same run, so it "finds" the matching
> message on the replica.

sync_server maintains a fairly modest UUID cache on the server side: 1000
messages in 2.3. A restart is negotiated after each UPLOAD command.

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.