Problems upgrading from cyrus 2.1.18 to 2.2.13 on debian etch

Steinar Bang sb at dod.no
Tue Nov 27 14:39:16 EST 2007

> That fails with a different error message:
> $ /usr/sbin/cvt_cyrusdb /var/lib/cyrus/deliver.db berkeley /var/lib/cyrus/temp.db flat
> Converting from /var/lib/cyrus/deliver.db (berkeley) to /var/lib/cyrus/temp.db (flat)
> fatal error: can't open old database

> Is there any way of finding out what the format of the old database is?

Here's someone with a similar problem.  The bug report is in Ubuntu, but
I guess we're talking about more or less the same packages here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cyrus-imapd-2.2/+bug/53496

No workaround unfortunately...

Trying db4.2_dump:

$ db4.2_dump /var/lib/cyrus/deliver.db
VERSION=3
format=bytevalue
type=btree
db_pagesize=4096
HEADER=END
[snip!]
DATA=END

No similar bug report on debian, so I just filed one, with a reference
to the Ubuntu bug.