One more attempt: stuck processes

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Fri Nov 16 12:11:01 EST 2007

--On 16. November 2007 18:07:51 +0100 Gabor Gombas <gombasg at sztaki.hu>
wrote:

>> Hm, we don't suffer any actual slowdown, it's just that the number of
>> processes increases over time.
>
> It's not a slowdown - the client connects, and hangs. It never even gets
> to the authentication phase (at least it's not logged). Clients that
> happen to connect to a non-affected process run normally.

Well, that just sounds like you're running out of entropy. That's a
different issue. Recompile your cyrus-sasl to use /dev/urandom instead of
/dev/random or disable apop in /etc/imapd.conf:

allowapop: 0

Either of those things should get rid of that.
--
     .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK