Replication: problems with synctest

Rich Wales richw at richw.org
Wed Nov 14 18:13:46 EST 2007

It looks like my problem with replication not working in one direction
was a SASL thing.  One of my servers was advertising GSSAPI as an
authentication mechanism, but it didn't really work (I don't have
Kerberos installed on my systems).  Apparently, sync_client on the
other box was deciding to use GSSAPI, but was giving up because it
wasn't actually functional.

I fixed the problem by moving the libgss* libraries out of the SASL2
library directory.

While I was at it, I also moved the libntlm* and libotp* libraries
out of the SASL2 library directory, since I'm not using either of
these authentication methods either.

I'm mildly concerned that a future software upgrade might cause these
libraries to reappear.  Is there a more reliable way to disable SASL
authentication mechanisms, other than removing files from the library
directory?

--
Rich Wales      ===      Palo Alto, CA, USA      ===     richw at richw.org
http://www.richw.org   ===   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Richwales