Calendars && Cyrus

Ulrich Spoerlein uspoerlein at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 12:20:30 EST 2007

On Tue, 13.11.2007 at 06:56:21 -0800, Nikola Milutinovic wrote:
> > We use OpenGroupware - http://www.opengroupware.org
> >
> > Server is entirely Open Source;  Outlook plugin (MAPI provider) is
> > commercial.
> >
> > Works very well with Cyrus; which is its intended IMAP server.
>

> Speaking of calendars,... What about Mozilla Sunbird/Lightning?
>
> They can speak to WebDAV enabled ICS calendar format. With a special
> extension, Google Calendar Provider (freely available from
> addons.mozilla.org), they can talk to Google Calendar.
>
> Has anyone seen a calendar server that will work with Cyrus and Sunbird?

We are using www.egroupware.org as Mail/Calendar/Contact-Frontend and it
has rudimentary ICS over HTTP support. I spoke to the main developer and
he says that ICS over HTTP is basically a very stupid idea (which I
concur). Other than the occasional glitch, it's working fine with
Sunbird/Lightning.

Anyway, progress is made on getting GroupDAV (or was it CalDAV?) working
with eGroupware, but it is still not there, though.

> Sunbird is really great and Lightning makes me NOT want to ever touch Outlook.

I prefer the KDE PIM suite Kontact over Mozilla's products any day. It
has tons of bugs, but also some very cool features which I would never
want to miss again.

Cheers,
Ulrich Spoerlein
--
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool,
than to speak, and remove all doubt.