Calendars && Cyrus

Adam Tauno Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Tue Nov 13 14:42:03 EST 2007

> > > Server is entirely Open Source;  Outlook plugin (MAPI provider) is
> > > commercial.
> > > Works very well with Cyrus; which is its intended IMAP server.
> > Speaking of calendars,... What about Mozilla Sunbird/Lightning?
> > They can speak to WebDAV enabled ICS calendar format. With a special
> > extension, Google Calendar Provider (freely available from
> > addons.mozilla.org), they can talk to Google Calendar.
> > Has anyone seen a calendar server that will work with Cyrus and Sunbird?
> We are using www.egroupware.org as Mail/Calendar/Contact-Frontend and it
> has rudimentary ICS over HTTP support. I spoke to the main developer and
> he says that ICS over HTTP is basically a very stupid idea (which I

Yep,  ICS over HTTP is not a groupware solution.  ICS is just a dumb
"calendar" file,  it doesn't deal with discrete events so trying to
share an ICS file results in a mess.

> concur). Other than the occasional glitch, it's working fine with
> Sunbird/Lightning.

OpenGroupware works with Sunbird, with some glitches.  CalDAV support is
being hammered out.

> Anyway, progress is made on getting GroupDAV (or was it CalDAV?) working
> with eGroupware, but it is still not there, though.

GroupDAV for contacts on OpenGroupware works pretty well.