Calendars && Cyrus

Ian G Batten ian.batten at uk.fujitsu.com
Tue Nov 13 04:38:11 EST 2007

On 13 Nov 07, at 0724, Rudy Gevaert wrote:

> If we could ever get a decent calendar system that works together with
> Cyrus or other software many people would be happy.

We run Cyrus for mail, Oracle Collaboration Suite ($$, but not
Exchange-$$) for calendaring.  The Outlook plugin that allows Outlook
to believe it has a genuine Exchange instance under it plays nice
with Cyrus (its target is Oracle's IMAP server that's bundled with
OCS).    The OCS plugin for Exchange is smart enough to use CRAM-MD5
(or is it DIGEST-MD5) authentication if available, and TLS if available.

ian