Replication: sync_client -r dies

Rich Wales richw at richw.org
Sat Nov 10 22:09:53 EST 2007

After about a week of having synchronization running perfectly in my
2.3.9 system, I finally got another bailout incident with sync_client
on my master server.

This happened just after I shut down my replica server (to move it to
a different location).  About two minutes after the replica went down,
sync_client on the master said "Error in do_sync(): bailing out!" with
no other messages of any kind.

It seems to me that the replication code ought to be a bit more robust
than this when a replica goes down or loses network connectivity.  Is
the 2.3.10 code any better than 2.3.9 in the way this kind of situation
is handled?

--
Rich Wales      ===      Palo Alto, CA, USA      ===     richw at richw.org
http://www.richw.org   ===   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Richwales