Cyrus 2.2.10: autocreatequota?

Christos Soulios soulbros at noc.uoa.gr
Sun Mar 11 07:08:56 EST 2007

Hello all,
   I would like make clear some points about the autocreate inbox
patch. 	  1. There is a patch for Cyrus 2.2.10.
   2. If you have already created the mailbox through cyradm, the patch
will not be activated and thus will not set any quota on your mailbox.
   3. The patch is activated when the user logs in through IMAP or POP3
and the mailbox does not exist (autocreatequota option must be > 0) or
if a mail is sent to a mailbox that does not exist through LMTP
(autocreatequota > 0 and createonpost = yes).

For more information and detailed documentation about the patch, you can
fread
http://email.uoa.gr/projects/cyrus/autocreate/README.autocreate-cyrus-2.2

One final note is that the patch is not contained by default in the
cyrus distribution. Therefore, you will have to patch your cyrus sources
(patch can be downloaded from
http://email.uoa.gr/projects/cyrus/autocreate/) or download Simon
Matter's RPM packages that contain the patch.

I hope this mail cleared things out a bit.

Cheers,
Christos