backend_connect() is broken in 2.3.8

Gabor Gombas gombasg at sztaki.hu
Fri Jul 27 11:50:17 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm in the process of upgrading from 2.3.7 to 2.3.8 and I noticed that
the sync_client from 2.3.8 can not connect to the replica. After some
head scratching I found that while sync_client from 2.3.8 uses the wrong
source IP address (the master host has several) when trying to connect
to the replica.

It seems that in 2.3.7 backend_connect() contained code to explicitely
set the source IP address but this code was removed in 2.3.8. Why?

Gabor