IMAP sync tool (rsync for IMAP)

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Wed Jan 3 16:11:25 EST 2007

James Miller wrote:

> I have 2 users left on an OLD Cyrus installation I want to get off and was
> hoping to use imapsync.  It seemed to work just fine except dates of the
> messages from the old server to the new were not retained.  All of the
> messages have the date they were imported instead.  I ran imapsync on the
> destination host, I wouldn't think that would make a difference - does it
> matter?
>
> /usr/bin/imapsync --syncinternaldates --host1 source.host --user1 bob \
> --noauthmd5 --passfile1 /tmp/secret1 --host2 destination.host --user2 bob \
> --noauthmd5 --passfile2 /tmp/secret2

I used it without --syncinternaldates and it worked fine, the dates were
imported correctly.

imapsync --host1 X.Y.Z.K --user1 joeblow --passfile1 pass1 \
   --host2 A.B.C.D --user2 joeblow --passfile2 pass2 \
   --authmech1 LOGIN --authmech2 LOGIN \
   --prefix2 oldmail/ \
   --subscribe

The --prefix2 option was used because I did not actually migrate one
account to another, but I just wanted to copy the old account under a
folder on the new account. That doesn't seem to be your case.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/