IMAP sync tool (rsync for IMAP)

James Miller jimm at simutronics.com
Wed Jan 3 12:20:57 EST 2007

My apologies for this being off topic but I was hoping someone might be able
to comment.

I have 2 users left on an OLD Cyrus installation I want to get off and was
hoping to use imapsync.  It seemed to work just fine except dates of the
messages from the old server to the new were not retained.  All of the
messages have the date they were imported instead.  I ran imapsync on the
destination host, I wouldn't think that would make a difference - does it
matter?

/usr/bin/imapsync --syncinternaldates --host1 source.host --user1 bob \
--noauthmd5 --passfile1 /tmp/secret1 --host2 destination.host --user2 bob \
--noauthmd5 --passfile2 /tmp/secret2

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--Jim