storing mail across several cyrus partitions

Rudy Gevaert Rudy.Gevaert at UGent.be
Thu Aug 30 14:40:11 EDT 2007

Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> --On 30. August 2007 15:31:31 +0700 Artem Bokhan <artist at academ.org> wrote:
>
>> Can anybody estimate amount of work needed to make messages of a single
>> user (mailbox) could be stored across several cyrus partitions? Is it
>> easy to realize or some fundamental work is needed? Can anybody give
>> comments?
>
> I don't think that can be done. It seems to violate fundamental Cyrus
> principles.

Like?

I haven't tried this, but I thought it should be possible to create a
(sub)mailbox of a user on a different partition.

If I get the time to try it, we are going to create a new partiton on
ATA disks, create for each user an Archive folder on that partition and
give them more quota on that folder.  So we can give our users a limited
amount of quota in their Inbox and subfolders (these are on fibrechannel
disks) and more quota on slower disks.

but do correct me if I'm wrong.