storing mail across several cyrus partitions

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Fri Aug 31 07:15:30 EDT 2007

Hi,

--On 30. August 2007 20:40:11 +0200 Rudy Gevaert <Rudy.Gevaert at UGent.be>
wrote:

> Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> --On 30. August 2007 15:31:31 +0700 Artem Bokhan <artist at academ.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Can anybody estimate amount of work needed to make messages of a single
>>> user (mailbox) could be stored across several cyrus partitions? Is it
>>> easy to realize or some fundamental work is needed? Can anybody give
>>> comments?
>>
>> I don't think that can be done. It seems to violate fundamental Cyrus
>> principles.
>
> Like?

one mailbox - one partition. Note that that information is stored in
mailboxes.db.

> I haven't tried this, but I thought it should be possible to create a
> (sub)mailbox of a user on a different partition.

Perhaps, but that's not what Artem was talking about. He's talking about
*messages* being stored across partitions. I'm pretty certain that's
impossible to do without major changes.

> but do correct me if I'm wrong.

I think we were talking about different things.
--
     .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK