SQUAT config

Chris Mattingly chris at camattin.com
Thu Aug 16 11:48:39 EDT 2007

brian wrote:
> Chris Mattingly wrote:
>
>> brian wrote:
>>

>>> Thanks, this is becoming clearer. But how do i configure squatter? Am i
>>> looking in the wrong place?
>>>
>>> brian
>>>

>> Place the options in your cyrus.conf for squatter and you should be all
>> set.  For example:
>>
>> EVENTS
>> {
>>   <other stuff>
>>   squatter      cmd="squatter -s" period=180
>> }
>>

> Yes, i see, that's to invoke it. But i'm also reading that the config
> must be in imapd.conf yet i've seen no example for the syntax to do so
> (nor what is required (or even suggested)).
>
> I'm also wondering how to have squatter run against all IMAP mailboxes.
> Do i need to specify them all when i invoke it? Or can i get away with
> feeding it "/var/spool/imap" with the -r switch and hoping it will
> figure it out?
>
> brian

I don't believe there are any squatter specific options that go into
imapd.conf.  I suspect that the reference you're seeing to squatter
reading imapd.conf (or other config referenced by -C) is simply for
squatter to see where the imap spool is (i.e. partition-default), and
possibly some other environment-specific parameters it needs to know.
The only options squatter takes are those specified in its man page, and
those would go in cyrus.conf.

Unless you specify with via mboxcfg to not index a mailbox, or you
specify a single mailbox on the command line, sieve will index all
mailboxes by default.

My exact cyrus.conf entry is:

  squatter      cmd="squatter" period=180

And all mailboxes on my (rather small) system are indexed every 3 hours.

-Chris