Global sieve scripts and spamfolders/bb

Janne Peltonen janne.peltonen at helsinki.fi
Fri Apr 13 08:36:22 EDT 2007

Hi!

If the way to use sieve with bbs is sieve scripts in the global
namespace, I was wondering whether there was any way to determine the
destination mailbox based on the incoming address.

That is:

We'd like to create /one/ global spam-filtering script, which the BB
owners could register their BB to use.

At the same time, we'd like the email classified as spam to end up
somewhere the BB owners could read them - so as to detect false
positives.

And we'd like that only the owners of the BB could read the spam sent to
that BB's address.

So spam that's coming to 'bb' should get filtered to, say, 'bb.spam', and
spam coming to 'bb2' should get filtered to 'bb2.spam'.

If this isn't possible without a sieve-script-per-bb, is there a way to
allow normal users to (safely) add global sieve scripts?

Or is the only way to go to (automatically) create a new global sieve
script every time a new bb is created?

Thanks.

--Janne
--