To list admins: Reply-to address

Kjetil Torgrim Homme kjetilho at ifi.uio.no
Tue Sep 5 09:46:28 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 14:14 +0200, Daniel Eckl wrote:
> Rudy Gevaert wrote:
> >> yes, this is desired.  read
> >> http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
> >
> > How do you reply to list in thunderbird?

I had a look, it seems there is no support for it, not even an
extension.

> Well, just assumed that thunderbird would be able to make use of that,
> you would need a List-Reply: header field added from the mailing list
> system.

what is "List-Reply"?  RFC 2369 specifies List-Post.

> But that's considered harmful as well.
> http://marc.merlins.org/netrants/listreplyto.txt

I don't see any mention of "List-Reply" in the above text.  it talks
about the "Reply to list" function.

> So there is no solution which satisfies the lazy ones as well as the
> paranoid ones. No, I will neither say to which group I belong nor where
> you belong to. *g*

in a MUA which has "reply to list" conveniently available (e.g. Ctrl+L
in Evolution, "f" in Gnus, "g" in Mutt), there is no conflict between
being lazy and paranoid.

--
Kjetil T. (promises he won't discuss this further :)