To list admins: Reply-to address

Daniel Eckl deckl at nero.com
Tue Sep 5 08:14:04 EDT 2006

Rudy Gevaert wrote:
>> yes, this is desired.  read
>> http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
>>

> How do you reply to list in thunderbird?

Well, just assumed that thunderbird would be able to make use of that,
you would need a List-Reply: header field added from the mailing list
system.

But that's considered harmful as well.
http://marc.merlins.org/netrants/listreplyto.txt

So there is no solution which satisfies the lazy ones as well as the
paranoid ones. No, I will neither say to which group I belong nor where
you belong to. *g*

Choose your poison....

My opinion is:
If reply-to and list-reply is considered harmful, that it should be a
client side option if the client should obey it or not.
That's the only way to satisfy everyone.

The same this has been made with read confirmation requests in email
headers. So why not with any other header which could be harmful?

Best,
Daniel