sieve doesn't work [auf Viren überprüft]

Martin G.H. Minkler minkler at artegic.de
Fri Sep 1 05:29:20 EDT 2006

Hans Moser schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Martin G.H. Minkler schrieb:
>
>> After reloading and even restarting cyrus with the changes to the
>> sieveshell die line and the imapd.conf in place as suggested, I still
>>  get the same (slighty longer but unfortunately no more informative)
>>  error message from sieveshell:
>>
>> unable to connect to server () at /usr/bin/sieveshell line 174.
> Can you doublecheck your changes to managesieve?
>
>> Do I need to restart saslauthd to re-read the config from
>> /etc/imapd.conf?
> You don't use saslauthd at all, as I can see from your config, you use
> auxprop + sasldb2...
> With this you could use CRAM-MD5 and DIGEST-MD5 as well.
> Perhaps you could change sasl_mech_list:
> sasl_mech_list: DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 PLAIN LOGIN

There will only be connections from localhost (as You can see in my
config, sieve only listens to localhost) since if there will ever be a
websieve or the like, it's going to run on the same machine.

> In you first post I can't see information about "sasl" and/or "STARTTLS"

You are absolutely right, I do not get any sasl-methods and/or STARTTLS.
I did use to get STARTTLS until I disabled it via the certificate-line.

This just brings up more questions - how to I even enable sasl for sieve?

Or is it enabled but not announced?

 From configuring postfix I know You can configure the MTA to only
announce SASL after STARTTLS but this probably isn't the case here?

If I can provide any more information, please let me know.

TIA

Martin