sieve doesn't work [auf Viren überprüft]

Martin G.H. Minkler minkler at artegic.de
Tue Sep 5 13:05:02 EDT 2006

Martin G.H. Minkler wrote:
> There will only be connections from localhost (as You can see in my
> config, sieve only listens to localhost) since if there will ever be a
> websieve or the like, it's going to run on the same machine.
>
>> In you first post I can't see information about "sasl" and/or "STARTTLS"
>
> You are absolutely right, I do not get any sasl-methods and/or STARTTLS.
> I did use to get STARTTLS until I disabled it via the certificate-line.
>
> This just brings up more questions - how to I even enable sasl for sieve?
>
> Or is it enabled but not announced?
>
>  From configuring postfix I know You can configure the MTA to only
> announce SASL after STARTTLS but this probably isn't the case here?
>
> If I can provide any more information, please let me know.

Nobody any ideas? Am I the only one on debian sarge who's sieve doesn't
offer SASL login w/o TLS and sieve_sasl_minimum_layer=0?

Or is the option maybe called sasl_minimum_layer_sieve?

Is there any documentation on the sasl-options in imapd.conf?

I read the man pages for timsieved, cyrmaster and imapd.conf but didn't
find anything useful.

Martin