changed delivery to subfolder?

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Tue Oct 10 10:17:18 EDT 2006

Hi,

--On 10. Oktober 2006 15:04:25 +0200 Marten Lehmann <lehmann at cnm.de> wrote:

> the documentation says, that one should use an address like
> test+Junk at test.de to delivery a message directly into the Junk-folder of
> test at test.de. I noticed that this doesn't work and the mail is delivered
> to INBOX instead.
>
> However, I found out that I have to deliver messages to test/Junk at test.de
> instead and then it will be delivered to the Junk folder correctly. But
> this behaviour isn't described anywhere, so is cyrus actually expected to
> behave like that?

that's at least partially an MTA issue. With sendmail the +-notation works,
but only if the address is all lowercase! So it'd have to be test+junk (of
course that means the mailbox's name needs to be lowercase as well). You
also have to declare the following in the .mc file:

FEATURE(`preserve_local_plus_detail')

I don't think test/junk would work with sendmail.
--
     .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK