Running murder in unified config

Jesus Roncero jesus at mxtelecom.com
Tue Oct 10 09:25:21 EDT 2006

Hi all,
Again with one of my questions. I am trying to run a murder
installation, with two boxes. My idea is to run a frontend/backend box
in unified config and one extra backend. The thing I was trying to set
up is to run the frontend/backend/mupdate master on the same box, but it
looks like it is not possible. Looking at the source code at
imap/mupdate.c we have something like this:

if (masterp &&
     config_mupdate_config == IMAP_ENUM_MUPDATE_CONFIG_UNIFIED) {
     /* XXX  We currently prohibit this because mailboxes created
      * on the master will cause local mailbox entries to be propagated
      * to the slave.  We can probably fix this by prepending
      * config_servername onto the entries before updating the slaves.
      */
      fatal("can not run mupdate master on a unified server", EC_USAGE);
}

I found one other reference on the mailing list but no answers:
http://www.irbs.net/internet/info-cyrus/0604/0307.html

So, is there anyway to run the mupdate master on the same node where the
  frontend/backend unified config is running? or do I need to place it
in a different box? on one backend?

Many thanks.

--
Jesus Roncero <jesus at mxtelecom.com>