Cyrus, Solaris 10, ZFS? (and NIS?)

Elizabeth Schwartz betsy.schwartz at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 13:59:33 EDT 2006

>There's a bug in ZFS regarding performance problems when fsync'ing
>file descriptors -- there's apparently going to be a patch coming
>"real soon now" -- your options are:

Thanks!

Ugh, that would be bad news. Except, I think the delay is happening earlier.
The delay is between the A001 login and A001 ok, and the only zfs file
system is the mail spool (I should have spelled that out)

I've been playing with the dtrace toolkit this afternoon - still a bit stuck
on how to get from my tcp port connection to the process number to run
dtrace dtruss (lsof *should* be the right tool but I'm missing a step
somewhere)