Cyrus IMAP / Outlook Problem

Ciprian Marius Vizitiu cvizitiu at gbif.org
Thu Nov 2 08:52:11 EST 2006

Good Afternoon All,

I keep getting the following error from and outlook 2003 client [...]

The server did not respond to this IMAP command before the connection was
terminated.

[...]

Any help or a pointer in the right direction would be greatly welcomed.

Random thoughts: Is it always the SAME client or is it that ALL your clients
in LAN exhibit the same problem? If it's only one machine then I for one 'll
start checking the wires; How's your switch's console report anything
strange for that particular port? I know the combo Outlook/Cyrus to be
particularly sensitive to wire errors where a browser might do away
apparently well. If ALL your Outlook clients are exhibiting the problem...
How about a Thunderbird just for testing?