Cyrus IMAP / Outlook Problem

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Nov 2 08:29:16 EST 2006

Hi,

normaly it is enougth to write one eMail to the list.

Quoting cbobb <cbobb at cygnus.com>:

> Good Afternoon All,
>
> I keep getting the following error from and outlook 2003 client when the
> user is trying to view or look at emails either with or without file
> attachments.  It is not all messages just particular ones, usually with a
> file attachment:
>
> The server did not respond to this IMAP command before the connection was
> terminated.

this sounds like a Outlook timeout message. But I don't know why he
gets the timeout.

Which version of Cyrus do you have?
Can you reproduce this error with one eMail?
Are ther any error messages in the cyrus logs?
What happens when you read the eMail with an other client.

> After researching that message, the solutions that others had stated were
> tried had no effect on the client.

Who has stated which solutions?

>  Has anyone else seen this and if so,
> what were then necessary actions to correct this error when messages are
> trying to be retrieved.  Is this error particular to Cyrus, is it coming
> from Outlooks, it sounds like a time out message, but if it is timing out .
> . . where in the process is it occurring?

Michael Menge

M.Menge                                 Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universitaet Tuebingen                  Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Waechterstrasse 76
72074 Tuebingen