Make cyradm use plain+tls

Patrick H Radtke phr2101 at columbia.edu
Mon May 1 21:21:41 EDT 2006

Ken, Richard Gilbert and I had a discusion about this last week (which
I'll try to summarize).

Here is an alternative to the stunnel stuff.

1. Use imtest to issue XFER command (c: XFER user.phr2101test bacon)
you may need to
2. Remove 'force_sasl_client_mech: plain login' from the file. This line
will prevent plain+tls from happening correctly between backends when
issuing XFER from
imtest (my understanding is that the mech list is checked prior to the
STARTTLS, and since PLAIN isn't advertised until afterwards, Cyrus thinks
the mechanism isn't available. Removing this option prevents the mech
list from being checked.. or something).

-PAtrick