Make cyradm use plain+tls

Perry Brown vbperry at hotmail.com
Tue May 2 15:24:22 EDT 2006

Hi All,

Thank you for the suggestions. I'd love to get this working without the
extra dependency of stunnel. Following on Patricks suggestion I modified
imapd.conf

defaultpartition: imap1
configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-imap1: /var/spool/imap1
admins: cyrus support
srvtab: /var/imap/srvtab
quotawarn: 85
popminpoll: 0
autocreatequota: 30000
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
lmtp_over_quota_perm_failure: 1
allowusermoves: yes
proxy_authname: cyrus
proxy_password: password
tls_cert_file: /local/imap/server1.sub1.domain.com.pem (on the dest host
this is set to server2.sub2.domain.com.pem)
tls_key_file: /local/imap/server1.sub1.domain.com.pem (changed like above.)

I log into imtest:

/opt/mail/cyrus-imapd/bin/imtest -t "" -p imap -u cyrus -a cyrus -m plain

Run
C: XFER user.vbperry server2.sub2.domain.com

and get
C: NO Server(s) unavailable to complete operation

Am I using the right auth mode? should the imtest connect or xfer command be
formatted differently? I looking in the archives and could not locate the
thread you mentioned, was that on list?

Thanks for the help.

perry