Make cyradm use plain+tls

Perry Brown vbperry at hotmail.com
Mon May 1 13:45:53 EDT 2006

>From a thread last month some fine folks on this listed suggested I set up
tls for plain so that I could do an xfer of mailboxes from one host to
another.

I got that set up and I am able to do an imtest from one host to the other
one and it gets authenticated with plain+tls.

My problem now happens when going back to cyradm to do the xfer. When I log
into the source host I'm authenticated with plain and when I run the xfer
command it tries to connnect to the destination server as plain.

How can I force cyradm to connect with plain+tls? Or possibly some work
around using Cyrus::IMAP::Shell

I looked at just about every news group and website and a couple of them
mentioned it's not possible to force tls in cyradm but the date on those
sites where from a few years ago and my hope is something has changed in the
interum.

Here is imapd.conf:
defaultpartition: imap1
configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-imap1: /var/spool/imap1
admins: cyrus support
srvtab: /var/imap/srvtab
quotawarn: 85
popminpoll: 0
autocreatequota: 30000
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
lmtp_over_quota_perm_failure: 1
allowusermoves: yes
proxy_authname: cyrus
proxy_password: password
force_sasl_client_mech: plain login
tls_cert_file: /local/imap/server1.sub1.domain.com.pem
tls_key_file: /local/imap/server1.sub1.domain.com.pem

Thank you
Perry